Best Collaborative Software For Your Team in 2023 | Experts Choice
The collaborative platform is on the rise! Indeed, collaboration and communication are the heart of the company's internal processes. A collaborative platform is an interface accessible to several people, conducive to exchanges thanks to the ability to pool and synchronize elements. We also speak of groupware a term that covers all group software.Well equipped, your work teams will perform better. But what is the best collaborative tool for your structure? A comparison in the field of collaboration is essential!
The Collaborative Software: definition, advantages, and disadvantages
What is a collaborative platform?A collaborative platform is a hybrid tool that combines the communication and collaboration tools used internally within a virtual workspace to facilitate collaboration. Accessible online, this software includes
- project management,
- electronic document management (EDM),
- corporate social network (CSR),
- instant messaging (Chat),
- video conferencing,
- knowledge management, blog, communities,
- the platform for co-creation, participatory innovation,
- shared calendar, etc.
Why use a collaborative platform?
To reduce internal communication costs and save timeIn the professional context, the advantages of collaborative workspaces are numerous. Firstly as work tools, their infrastructure facilitates interactions between and smooths exchanges between teams, even in the context of remote work or multi-site business. Your employees also spend less time in meetings.
For the centralization of tools and managementFrom a managerial point of view, collaborative solutions lead to a digital transformation that overhauls internal relationships. The HR dimension is positively impacted, whether it is a large company, an SME or a VSE.
For sharing the employee experience and optimizing teamworkThe platform enriches your IS with a space for discussion encouraging people to speak up. Everyone is invited to express themselves, comment, give feedback or intervene. There is better visibility of everyone's work.Collaborative Software break down silos, for more cross-functionality within your structure, and therefore more commitment from your teams.
For the richness of the offerSome platforms exist locally. Others are online, accessible from anywhere and at any time. This is the case of software offered in SaaS mode and whose operational benefit in terms of mobility is undeniable.
Limits of a Collaborative SoftwareThere are different types of collaborative platforms. However, be careful not to combine them. By offering too many tools to your teams, you will discourage their adoption.It is necessary that the usefulness of each software implemented in the company covers a precise field of intervention to occupy a legitimate unifying role.Finally, the social and instantaneous dimension of the tool can distract individuals who wish to be on the lookout for the latest news.
Multi-purpose platformsSome collaborative platforms are evolving to bring together as many tools as possible to meet all uses.
AcollabAcollab is a complete and easy-to-use "Made in France" collaborative platform that centralizes all of your team's collaborative tools in a secure way. strengths:
- its all-in-one side that gives you access to smart collaborative features (GED, shared agenda, project management, time and expense tracking, online chat, surveys, etc.);
- the Acollab application is available on Android and IOS mobiles for quick access and from any location;
- its very attractive price accompanied by a free 30-day trial without commitment or credit card required.
GladysGladys thus integrates both a CSR, a PPM tool and the management of ideas and innovations.strengths:
- employees can share their ideas and their monitoring within the projects themselves;
- the task manager allows you to organize a project into tasks and sub-tasks and to view the progress;
- data hosting is in France.
interStisinterStis is a French document management software coupled with project management.strengths:
- users adapt easily to this ergonomic tool, both in public and private collaborative spaces;
- task management and document co-editing let employees know where they stand;
- the tool is interesting for agile project management mode, even on the move.
netframeNetframe, a 100% French solution, offers a combination of three tools: chat, CSR and EDM.strengths:
- the tool's interface is designed to be easy to use and adopted quickly;
- many functionalities are available on demand, to meet personalized needs;
- Netframe has another string to its bow, project management: geolocation, planning, visualization, and monitoring are possible!
Corporate social networksCSR (Corporate Social Networks) represent the 2.0 evolution of communication tools such as the intranet, used internally, and the extranet, used to communicate with suppliers or to manage customer relations, for example. By adding a social layer to these tools, CSR offers an essential tool for companies. We are talking about the digital workplace, also promoting the cross-functional sharing of knowledge between employees. Halfway between collaboration and communication, it is a socialization tool. On the CSR list, we position:
JamespotJamespot presents a high degree of customization of its solution, favoring the development of projects in an agile way and innovation.strengths:
- the tool enables the sharing of ideas and collaborative monitoring;
- the publisher designs, or assists in the design of business applications for a personalized response;
- The solution allows the development of projects in agile mode.
talkspiritBig strength of the talkspirit solution is: company personnel can adopt it without difficulty.strengths:
- structured and contextualized conversations facilitate the dissemination of information;
- teams receive real-time notifications of information from integrated business applications;
- the directory allows the identification of the profession, expertise, and location of all employees.
Workplace by MetaWorkplace by Meta is the professional version of the famous social network.strengths:
- the familiar user experience, the interface resembling mainstream Meta;
- the ability to integrate chatbots into chats to automate tasks;
- availability in a hundred languages.
Unified communications solutionsNew generation of tools, unified communications have one objective: the centralization of all the communication channels of a company (cloud telephony, chat, messaging, videoconferencing, screen sharing, documents, and calendars) on a single platform, with a single interface.
Skype for BusinessOne of the well known collaborative software is Skype for Business offers large-scale video conferencing, document sharing, VoIP calls, and instant messaging.strengths:
- the videoconference tool allows the participation of 250 people;
- it is integrated into Microsoft's office suite;
- the meeting host can invite his participants by sending them a created and personal URL, containing the name of his company for example.
SpokaSpoka meets the digital transition needs of VSEs by offering simple and affordable cloud telephony and unified communication features.strengths:
- the solution has been specially developed to meet the needs of small businesses, start-ups, and freelancers;
- Spoka Talk cloud phone plan users can upgrade to Spoka Connect at any time for more unified communication;
- the tool includes a chat, permanent discussion threads with document sharing, online meeting and screen sharing.
File sharing and transfer solutionsFor content management and virtual archiving in the cloud, there is of course Google Drive. Limited in terms of storage, Google Drive does not correspond to the usage and security requirements of companies. Here is a selection of file-sharing and file-transfer software:
BynderBynder is a Digital Asset Management (DAM) software, offering a photo library and the management of multimedia content, usable internally and shareable externally (partners, customers).strengths:
- digital asset management is associated with project management;
- search is intuitive and intelligent thanks to the categorization and labeling of data;
- version management eliminates duplicates and obsolete files.
NetExplorerNetExplorer, a French solution, promotes the sharing, transfer, and storage of documents, for safe collaboration.strengths:
- tailored features meet the needs of all businesses, regardless of size and budget;
- secure data retention allows files to be restored up to one month after deletion;
- Document management is facilitated by searching for keywords in scanned files.
WeDropWeDrop stands out with its rich and user-friendly ergonomics.strengths:
- inspired by DropBox, the solution offers more extensive functionalities;
- document management is complete: rights, access, and life cycle;
- data hosting is in France.
Project management and task management toolsThe project mode has proven itself. As a result, teams, often dispersed, need powerful tools to coordinate their work. Document management (GED), coupled with a contact by instant messaging or conference calls, creates a central exchange space for teamwork. Here are some examples:
Planisware OrchestraPlanisware Orchestra is the ideal solution for optimizing resource allocation. It offers macro and retro planning functionalities, with an ADR (Average Daily Rate) indicator.strengths:
- from project management to PPM, the tool makes it possible to manage large-scale projects with a large number of parameters;
- resource management is innovative (real-time availability monitoring) taking into account different methods (Agile Scrum, PMBOK);
- the tool is very user-friendly (news feeds, Kanban boards), which facilitates multi-project monitoring.
SciformaSciforma, with a PPM component ( Project Portfolio Management ), allows you to arbitrate your management according to cost, time, and risk constraints.strengths:
- the software, is highly scalable, and offers three components: PPM, project management, and time tracking;
- the level of compatibility is high: the tool adapts to all browsers and all operating systems;
- the most used collaborative methodologies are also compatible: Agile, Critical Chain, Prince 2, Phase-gate, PMBok.
WimiWimi, whose progress is particularly monitored using notifications and planning tools.strengths:
- Wimi offers the notion of progress monitoring on various projects;
- the integration of chat channels, sharing and synchronization of documents is very interesting;
- The tool also offers features such as videoconferencing, shared calendars, and screen sharing.
Office SuitesWe could not forget to mention them. Text editor, spreadsheet, and presentation software are the basic tools of your collaborative software. Coordinated with each other and connected to related applications such as diary, address book, and instant messaging, they constitute an office suite at the heart of everyday life.Among the office suites, we can mention:
Google SuiteG Suite offers storage space (Google Drive), calendar, chat, messaging (Gmail), and video conferencing, among other tools that can be used as a team.strengths:
- very easy to set up thanks to accessibility from any browser;
- unified communication integrating office tools such as Google Sheets and Google Docs;
- possible creation of websites, intranets, and extranets.
Microsoft Office 365Microsoft Office 365 is the publisher of the essential Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, offered online via Sharepoint. strengths:
- data hosting in Europe;
- the tool can be enhanced with RSE Yammer and Skype for Business;
- substantial storage space.
MyZimbra.netMyZimbra.net, is a widely acclaimed open-source software. YaZiba offers integration to match its possibilities to the needs of your structure.strengths:
- the collaborative platform is French;
- new features are regularly developed (CSR, chat, etc.);
- the open-source nature makes it very customizable.
Summary tables of our selection of Collaborative SoftwareMany Collaborative Software exist and have their own particularities.To identify the best fit for your structure, start by prioritizing the features you need. You can then compare them in view of the services they offer.
|Acollab||Functional richness and very attractive price|
|Gladys||Innovative collaborative functions|
|InterStis||Simple, ergonomic, intuitive|
|netframe||Versatility and tailor-made, no frills|
|talkspirit||Powerful search engine|
|Workplace by Facebook||Customizable|
|Unified communications solution||Asset|
|Skype for Business||Pro version of a software known to the general public|
|Spoka||Developed by experts and dedicated to VSEs|
|file sharing platform||Asset|
|bynder||Sharing multimedia content internally and externally|
|Net Explorer||Solution made in France|
|Project management/task management platform||Asset|
|Planisware Orchestra||Functional coverage and ergonomics|
|Sciforma||For project management specialists|
|Wimi||Functional richness and ergonomics|
|G Suite||Ease of use|
|Microsoft Office 365||Popularity|
|MyZimbra.net||Data hosted in France|